Information about us
Please note that links from our website may take you to external websites which are not covered by this policy. We recommend that you check their privacy policies before submitting any personal information to such sites. We will not be responsible for the content, function or information collection policies of these external websites.
What information do we collect about you and how do we collect it?
We will only require you to provide personal information to us where it is necessary for us to provide you with a service at your request, such as when you contact us, register an account on our website or undergo an online consultation and purchase our products. Certain identifiers will be collected by us automatically, and some identifiers will have to be fed by you directly. We are enumerating the list as the following.
Information collected by us:
We may collect personal information about you whenever you use our services, such as by doing the following, some of the following categories of information are collected directly by us, and some are provided by you directly for the performance of certain functions:
- Accessing our Website by means of any web browser
- Enquiring about our products or services
- Undergoing our online clinical consultation whereby you submit specific information, to the extent necessary
- Purchasing our medicines or other products or services
- Initiating and maintaining correspondence with us via the use of telephone, text messages, writing by post or emailing us, social media, automated chat facilities, video calls, and any other mode of communications which is introduced or authorized by us.
- Enquiring about, or applying for, job vacancies
This information may include the following:
- Identification information, such as your full name and title, date of birth, age, gender
- Contact information, such as your postal address, email address and telephone numbers
- Information about your health, including your current health and wellbeing status, your medical history and records, and details of any medicines or treatment that you are presently undergoing, or underwent
- Correspondence or information provided by you in your patient area or within your account (such as doctor or prescriber chat messages, pharmacy chat messages or messages you send to our customer care team)
- Information about your purchase (including your purchase history with us)
- Payment information (this is securely collected and processed by our payment service provider exclusively)
- Additional information relevant to your use of our Website and Services, such as your marketing preferences, survey responses and feedback
We understand that any information concerning your health is particularly sensitive (known as “special categories” of personal data). We take extra precautions to ensure that such sensitive personal data is kept secure and confidential and we will only retain this data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collect it.
Information we collect about you from our website
When you visit our website, we may collect the following information:
- Which pages you access, view and which links you follow
- Your IP address and general location
- Details of the hardware and software that you are using to access the website
- Any passwords that you use on our website
- A device identifier (cookie or IP address) for fraud prevention
- URL and time stamps
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data
You must be at least 18 years old to use our website and services. We do not knowingly collect any personal data relating to children, and persons below the age of 18 years may not be permitted to make avail of our Services.
You may choose to unsubscribe from our Services, correspondence trail, marketing campaigns at any given time. You will have to follow the procedure mandated under your account settings and may reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect about you from other sources.
We may collect information about you from other sources. This may include the following:
- Publicly available information
- Information you have shared publicly, including on social media (particularly in respect of job applications)
- Information from your other healthcare providers (only with your consent, or where it is necessary for us to provide our service or comply with our legal obligations).
This list is not exhaustive, and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this policy.
Information we receive about you from other sources
Sometimes you will have given your consent to other websites, services or third parties to provide information to us.
This could include information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites that we operate or the other services that we provide, in which case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this website. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data.
It could also include information from third parties that we work with to provide our products and services, such as payment processors, delivery companies, technical support companies and advertising companies. Whenever we receive information about you from these third parties, we will let you know what information we have received and how and why we intend to use it.
How and why do we use your personal information?
We take your right to privacy seriously, and so we have attempted to identify and enumerate the specific use cases of the identifiers as below.
When you register an account on our website as a patient, we will collect and use your personal information in order to maintain and administer your patient account. This may be necessary in order for us to perform our contract with you or, otherwise, we have a legitimate interest to manage our patients’ accounts to facilitate purchases and communication between us.
You may contact us at any time to close your patient account. However, please bear in mind that we may be required to retain all or a part of your personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations.
The information you provide during the consultation is essential to the clinical decision-making process.
If you engage in a telemedicine consult with our RMPs, you are hereby consenting to such process, and acknowledge that the RMP may seek to adopt, or advise the appropriate mode of communication as maybe deemed fit by the RMP. In the event where the RMP requests you to switch from a particular mode of communication to another, the RMP will seek your express consent in doing so, and will provide you with the rationale for adopting such change.
It is necessary for us to use personal information about you to enter into and perform the contracts that we make with you, such as when you purchase drugs or other products or services on our website. Using your information in this context is necessary so that we can:
- Provide you with information about our products and services
- Facilitating your order, including payments and delivery through affiliated partners.
- Provide you with information about your purchase and your contract with us.
- Make decisions about your purchase, including about the suitability of any medicines.
- Provide you with alerts regarding repeat prescription orders.
- Verify your identity.
- Deal with any complaints you may have and facilitate conversations between you and the affiliated partners.
- Administer our website, including troubleshooting problems, analyzing statistics, conducting research and tests and keeping the website secure.
- Review and improve the performance of our systems, processes, and staff (including training).
- Improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
When your prescription has run out and our Prescriber needs to reassess your condition, we will send you a notification via email and/or SMS (depending on the notification preferences that you have set) that you will need to have a consultation with our Prescriber in order for your subscription plan to continue.
Depending on the nature of request you make for a prescription drug, our RMP may send the prescription directly to the pharmacy as per your request to ensure your order/ purchase is fulfilled as per the requirements. Regardless, you will have access to a copy of the prescription and may choose to refrain from making such purchase from the Website.
We may use your information to identify and tell you about our products or Services that we think may be of specific interest to you. We will only do this where you have separately informed and consented to receiving marketing communications, such as where you subscribe to our newsletter. You may update your preferences at any time by Contacting Us.
We may also use your information to invite you to participate in patient feedback surveys and other market research. If we do contact you about market research, you do not have to participate. If you tell us that you do not want to receive market research communications, we will respect this.
Whether you choose to receive marketing communications, or market research communications is entirely up to you. You can choose to receive both, none, or just one or the other. Your choice will not affect any products or Services that you have purchased from us, nor will it affect any quotes for products or Services you buy in future.
Sharing your information with third parties
We may share your data with selected third parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- A web development company which maintains the in.treated.com website. They will only access your data if there is a problem with your order which needs to be resolved.
- Our payment service provider, to process payments on our behalf. We will share your full name, address, phone number, email address and details of your order for this purpose. Our payment provider will collect and process your payment details; we will not store or have access to your full credit or debit card details.
- Clinical auditors and regulatory bodies.
- Contact management systems, to send emails, instant messages, social media messages and SMS messages.
There are certain other exceptional circumstances in which we may disclose your information to third parties. This would be where we believe that the disclosure is:
- Required by the law, or in order to comply with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal or regulatory proceedings.
- Necessary to protect the safety of our employees, our property or the public.
- Necessary for the prevention or detection of crime, including exchanging information with other companies or organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Proportionate as part of a merger, business or asset sale, in the event that this happens we will share your information with the prospective seller or buyer involved.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only store your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected. Where we provide you with any service, such as where you register an account as a patient on our website, we will retain any information you provide to us at least for as long as we continue to provide that service to you.
We retain your information till such period that is required for the purposes of us meeting your requests on our Platform, and in compliance with the applicable laws and statutory requirements.
How do we protect your personal information?
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
We try to ensure that all information you provide to us is transferred securely via the website (always check for the padlock symbol in your browser, and “https” in the URL, to ensure that your connection is secure).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
What rights do you have in respect of your personal information?
If you require any further information about your rights as explained below, or if you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us.
You have the right to access your personal data
You have the right to ask us to confirm whether or not we hold any of your personal information. If we do, you have the right to have a copy of your information and to be informed of the following:
- Why we have been using your information
- What categories of information we were using.
- Who we have shared the information with.
- How long we envisage holding your information.
In order to maintain the security of your information, we will have to verify your identity before we provide you with a copy of the information we hold. The first copy of your information that you request from us will be provided free of charge, if you require further copies, we may charge an administrative fee to cover our costs. Please contact us to request access to your data.
You have the right to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data
If you believe that any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date, you have the right to require us to rectify that information. You can update or change your personal information in the patient area on our website. Alternatively, please contact us so that we can correct our records.
You have the right to be forgotten
There may be times where it is no longer necessary for us to hold personal information about you. This could be if:
- The information is no longer needed for the original purpose that we collected it for
- You withdraw your consent for us to use the information (and we have no other legal reason to keep using it)
- You object to us using your information and we have no overriding reason to keep using it
- We have used your information unlawfully
- We are subject to a legal requirement to delete your information.
In these situations, you have the right to require us to delete your personal data (although please be aware that we may be required to retain certain information in order to comply with our legal obligations). If you believe one of these situations applies to you, please contact us.
You have the right to have your data transferred to you or a third party in a common format
Also known as data portability, you have the right to require us to transfer your personal information, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, either to you or to another service provider.
If you would like us to do this, please contact us. There is no charge for you exercising this right.
You have the right to withdraw your consent
In most cases, we do not require your consent to use your personal information in the ways set out in this policy. However, where we do rely on your consent (such as where you subscribe to our newsletter), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can use the “unsubscribe” links in any of the communications that we send you or contact us to withdraw your consent.
This version was last updated on April 21, 2022 and historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
If you have any questions about your privacy or our use of your personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.